Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

BookExpoAmerica Setup Pictures

I have put together a flickr stream:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27219356@N08/

Tell me if that doesn't work.

I think set-up is, in many ways, more interesting than the actual event. It's like looking at a decorated cake versus watching the pastry chef build the effervescent loveliness out of a slab of cake and some food coloring and almond paste.

Three couldn't make it into the stream. I've put them below:







Seriously, this thing is huge. After walking around the trade show floor, it occurred to me that I was going to need to get a bigger bag for tomorrow. Perhaps one that rolls... My back is injured already, I don't want to exacerbate my perfectly macho shoulder injury with a what appears to be a billion pounds of promotional copies of books.

(Also, Richard Dansky keeps wanting to give me some kind of squirrel-based beverage... I wish I was joking.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich's Staggering Squirrels are yummy and pack a wallup. You missed out if you passed one of those up. I've succumbed more times than I'll admit, and pictures nine and twelve on my bio page were both taken while I was under the influence of Rich's glorious rodent-related beverage. http://lynnehansen.wordpress.com/bio/

J m mcdermott said...

As a vegetarian among non-vegetarians, the topic has come up more than once:

"Can a vegetarian consume things named after food?"

Oft' the vote returns "Nay!"

Though, I do suspect the poll is skewed by asking only people who are drinking beverages named after animals, who might also want me to keep my hairy paws off their hooch.