Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

अवार्ड्स... अवार्ड्स... अवार्ड्स...

Hugo Awards:

You are running out of time to vote for a Hugo or a John W Campbell Award.

I know that I want to win a Campbell. But, in all seriousness, if I were voting, I'd vote for David Anthony Durham.

I think that not only did he produce a kick ass novel, full of a combination of "literary"-ness, as well as "Fantasy Geek!"-ness, but he shows every sign of being a prominent, consistently talented, and meaningful presence in the field for decades to come.

So, this is who I would vote for, in the John W. Campbell category, if I were eligible to vote:



Writers are eligible for a Campbell for two years. This is David's last year of eligibility and my first.

(I can win next year. I'm cool with that.)

No comments: