Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Last Post Until I Unpack and Turn Internet On At New Place Next Week, or later

I will be at ConDFW this weekend. I will be hitting the road Monday morning, for Alpharetta, GA, and moving next week.

So, here's a video found courtesy of Jeff Vandermeer that I think sums up exactly the right way to approach writing these days, and a notion I've put in action with my new day gig.



If you've met me, you know I want to write everything. Video games. Comic Books. Movies. Short stories. Novels.

I just happen to have gotten really good at novels and short stories first, because you need no fancy tools, and require no one else's design budget.

Wish me a safe journey, and I'll see some of you this weekend. I'll be back on-line sometime next week or the week after.

Your Pal,

J M McDermott

2 comments:

K.C. Shaw said...

Safe journeys! Have a great weekend!

J m mcdermott said...

You know, I post this, and then I update like three more times.

Because the way the logistics worked out, I ended up at my Mom's house the night before, where there's little else to do but update my blog. I mean, all my stuff is stashed.