Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Monday, April 6, 2009

CNN Fails Publishing 101

I am flabbergasted by the sheer volume of wrong, wrong, wrong information in this article on CNN.com, trumped up with lots of quotes from self-publishing marketing staff without any word about the vast and overwhelming majority of self-pubbed authors that lost money on their crazy scheme, or worse - fell victim to a scam operation spouting this kind of rah-rah claptrap.

So, you tell me, fair readers, everything wrong in the article.

I'll start. Did you know that I, apparently, don't keep my own copyright because I sold my book to a major, big league, publishing company? The author of this article seems to think I don't keep my copyright.

Was this article written by the marketing manager for LuLu or iUniverse? Might as well have been.

CNN, you failed even the basic test of factual accuracy.

No comments: