Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Thought Balloon

I am very happy that Cat Valente is safely on her honeymoon, but I am left with this depressing thought in the aftermath.

Is the only way to get honesty and appropriate customer service from large corporations through either luck, or the assistance of a large tribe?

I keep my little kerfluffles off the wires, for the most part. (If only because none of them escalate to the point of awful that Ms Valente experienced on her Honeymoon of all things! Goodness!)

Yet, I wonder if social media is the only way to hold these companies truly accountable if that isn't a sign that something is genuinely wrong in corporate culture.

(This, of course, assumes that most people can't really buy the lawyers and time necessary to do a lawsuit. If anything, suing large corporations, they generally do a Cost/Benefit Analysis and decide to fight or settle based on fiscal resources most of us commoners can't even imagine. Their decision to fight or not rarely takes into account the actual liability of the situations involved, to my knowledge.)

That is my thought balloon for the day. Feel free to discuss.

No comments: